Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Diwali - Writing

Walht: Understand celebrations around the world

Diwali is the biggest Hindu celebration. It is celebrated with light and sweets. I even wanted to celebrate Diwali because it looks really interesting. Plus I love to celebrate celebrations from different culture.

Hindus begin Diwali by waking up and cleaning their house. Hindus believe that if their house is clean the Hindu gods will come inside. Then they will go shopping to buy jewelry or clothing and then they make sweets and dinner. Around 7.30-8.30 pm the fireworks go for a nice flight but wait there is more. Diwali goes up to five days in South Africa and India.

Today our class decided to create Rangoli patterns. So my partner and I used chalks draw it outside the classrooms door. We tried our best to make it better but then it went the other way. Our patterns were all right but not the way expected it to be. The thing is at least we tried.

I would compare Diwal with Christmas. This is because Diwali and Christmas are quite similar to each other. In my choice Christmas is better because there will be no school for one month.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment